Child Nutrition Department Information

We are pleased to inform you that all locations of the Warren County Public Schools will be implementing a new option available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for school year 2022-2023.

What does this mean for you and your children attending the school(s) identified above?

Great news for you and your students! All enrolled students of the Warren County Public School district are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at no charge to your household each day of the 2022-2023 school year. No further action is required of you. Your child(ren) will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit a meal application.

Can my student purchase additional items?

Extra food and beverages are available for purchase, if students have money on their account. Some of our most common items are Extra Entrée $1.95; Extra Fruit/Veggie $.90; Ice Cream $1.00; Milk $.75; Chips $1.00; Water $1.00.

How can I add funds to my students account?

You can add money to your student’s meal account by visiting

If you have questions or need help, please contact us.

Students with Special Dietary Needs

Students that have a food allergy or dietary restriction must have a current physician’s statement completed and returned to the Child Nutrition Department every year. If your child has a food allergy or restriction, please print the Physician’s Statement for Students with Special Dietary Needs form, have your child’s physician complete it, and return to the Child Nutrition Department at 622 North Commerce Avenue, Front Royal, VA 22630. 

How do I pay for my student’s meals?

All students will receive free breakfast and lunch meals this school year, however, they will need money on their meal accounts for a la carte items such as chips, extra milk, cookies, and ice cream.

Online: Set up online payments to your child's meal account using My School Bucks. This is the only payment method you can currently use for paying with a bank card. The service is free; however, there is a $2.50 fee per transaction per student to add money onto the meal account.

Check: Make checks out to WCPS Food Service. Provide the check to the cafeteria manager. Please include the student’s name and ID number in the note portion on the check.

 Cash: Students may bring cash to the cafeteria manager to deposit onto the student’s account.

Who do I contact if I have questions?

Nickole Kinsey- Food Service General Manager at 540-631-0040 ext. 4 or email at

Cleo Ballard- Food Service Operations Manager at 540-631-0040 ext. 3 or email at 

Katie Humenik- Food Service Administrative Assistant at 540-631-0040 ext. 2 or email at


Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:


U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or


(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or



This institution is an equal opportunity provider.